Mar 6, 2010

Dusty Memories



This painting was taken from a photo of my living room. The sun shining in the window was so pretty and caught my eye. I changed a few things, for one my fireplace has a gas insert and my window is three times this size. I wanted to show the stream of sunlight that was cutting through the room without having the window take up too much of the painting. I used acrylic paint and after it dried I used a wide brush with thin light paint to brush a stream through the room. I don't know of an easier way to get this affect although some of you might.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Can you please explain more precisely what you mean by: "I used a wide brush with thin light paint to brush a stream through the room." It sounds like you lightened a dark and highly detailed area simply by dragging light-coloured paint across it with a big brush.

Great paintings by the way. Some are almost like photographs!

best regards,
Geoff.

Lorraine said...

I have never seen this comment before sorry. Yes that is exactly what I did. I mixed ivory paint with a clear glaze and it worked.